Friday 1 August 2014

FUEL FOR THOUGHT: Home-Made Granola

My first recipe on the blog and one of my faves! This step by step to make home-made granola is super easy and will provide you with a ton of the stuff so it's great to take to work for breakfasts.

Granola is one of my favourites. I'm not a fan of hot breakfasts - I much prefer a good serving of this with mixed berries and yoghurt. Mmm yum!

Here's what you need to buy and do...


INGREDIENTS

450g porridge oats
120g sunflower seeds
100g light brown sugar
250g almonds
300g raisins
1tsp salt

175g apple sauce
120g golden syrup
4 tbsps honey
2 tbsps sunflower oil

1. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper. Set the oven to 170 degrees (fan oven setting).

2. Add porridge oats, sunflower seeds, light brown sugar, almonds and salt together in a large baking bowl.


3. Measure and add to another bowl/jug the apple sauce, golden syrup, honey and sunflower oil.


4. Add this to the dry mixture and mix well.

5. Spread mixture onto the two baking trays.


6. Bake for 40 minutes, turning the mixture halfway through.

7. When cooked and golden brown, remove from oven and allow to cool. Once it has chilled, add in the raisins.


8. Store in an airtight container and enjoy!

Sounds easy? Well it is. This took me hardly anytime to prepare and cook and I have managed to see it last me all week for work with lots spare. Here's how I munch it on the go:

(home-made granola with Yeo Valley strawberry yoghurt)

Lipstick Runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment